Labels

Thursday, June 10, 2010

HSG AKA Hell

After meeting with the RE for the first time, I was scheduled for an HSG (Hysterosalpingogram). A procedure where they pass a tiny catheter through the cervix into the uterus and fill the uterus up with dye to see if it drains through the fallopian tubes. Needless to say that whole idea scared the crap out of me! Arrived at the office, was told to put on a hospital gown, booties and a hair net, and led into a room that held equipment that looks like it belonged on an alien space ship. Told to lay down, and put my feet in the stirrups and relax, YEAH RIGHT! It was the most painful experience of my life (haven't had the pleasure of labor pains yet, so we will see which is worse). The doctor told me that unfortunately both my tubes appeared to be blocked, since the dye did not go through. I was devastated, I couldn't believe it. Then the RE proceeded to tell me my only options were to go for a Laprascopic surgery or IVF. I wasn't big on either of the ideas, and convinced the RE to do a repeat HSG on my next cycle. My DH's SA came back as normal, so that is great for him, but now I have to figure out whats wrong on my end!

No comments:

Post a Comment