Labels

Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Begining of The Long Journey

I suppose I should start from the beginning. I've always been overweight as a teen. But never knew why, as well as starting to sprout hairs on my chin, and and my chest. At first it was only one or two but gradually began to see more and more. I've always had irregular menstrual cycles, but every doctor I went to in my teens told me that it would become more regular as you get older. Well, that was the most useless piece of BS I've ever heard, but at the time I believed them.

Fast forward to my mid twenties, I found the man of my dreams, got married at 23, 3 years later we decided it was time to try for a baby, We thought it was going to be easy, I mean all my sisters got pregnant with out even trying, so it should happen just easily for me right? Wrong! I guess 6 month deployment separations really didn't help that much. After trying for a year, I decided maybe next time I go in for my yearly pap, I'll ask my primary care Dr, whats wrong with me. Well he was clueless and told me that he was going to refer me to an outside ob gyn, since he was just a general Dr. This was January of 2008, I didn't get the referral until March.

My first visit, went well, got blood work done, everything looked normal, except I had a higher level of androgens, had my first experience with the dildo cam (vaginal ultrasound) she found numerous cysts on both ovaries, and declared that I have PCOS. She put me on Metformin, and clomid, monitored only by blood work for P4, from what I know now, that was very stupid of her to do, and me to go along with but I digress, and told me to call her if I got a positive test or my period. First cycle of clomid 50mgs was a FAIL, 2nd and 3rd cycle of clomid 100 mgs confirmed ovulation from P4 tests, but no BFPs in sight. Fourth cycle clomid 100mgs I got a faint pink line on a Frer at 14Dpo took two more tests over the next day, the line seemed to be fainter, called my Ob gyn who told me to go get a beta test done the next day. I thought my journey was finally over, no such luck, started to bleed the next morning, decided to not go through with the beta, obviously it was over, I had a chemical pregnancy. I decided to not try another cycle due to the fact that we were PCSing to California for recruiting duty, and the fact that I wasn't ready and was still upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment