Labels

Thursday, October 28, 2010

8w2d Bad news

Today I went in for my 8 week ultrasound. The dr. put the probe in place and thats when things started to go wrong. He was really silent for a few mins and kept scrolling and scrolling on the screen. I knew something was not going well when 10 mins have passed without him saying anything. Thats when he told me that my lil one has stopped growing and the heart has stopped beating. He didn't say how long ago it had happened but he did say that it did happen sometime in the past couple of days. I am beyond devestated. I don't know what has happened. I'm so scared. The dr. gave me a few options, 1, to let pass naturally which can take up to two weeks for it to happen, and its somewhat traumatizing, 2, to go for the D&C which is surgery, but lessens the trauma. or 3, take a medicine that will force my body to expel everything immediately which is traumatizing and can some complications. I am leaning towards the D&C because I don't know when the miscarraige will happen and I most likely will be alone, which scares me. My heart is breaking. Gone too soon my lil one, I'll never forget you my lil angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment