Labels

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Recovery Problems

The day of the procedure I  was still numb from the medicine they gave me so I didn't feel much. The next day I had cramping and light bleeding. on Friday I had severe cramping with light bleeding that the Motrin 800mg the Dr. prescribed didn't really help. Saturday it was worse, I had contraction like cramping every 5-10 mins which would take my breath away. I finally had enough of the pain and decided to go to the ER. I got there and they had me give a urine sample then they brought me back to a room. The nurse took a few vials of blood and put in an Iv port. Then the Dr came in, she told me that she was going to do a pelvic exam and also send me down for an ultrasound to make sure there wasn't any retained pregnancy items. Then she asked me if I would like some morphine for pain, which was given through injection in the backside. I declined the morphine and was given Tylenol with Codeine. I was sent to the ultrasound first, the tech first tried to use the handheld wand on my abdomen, which was very painful, and couldn't really see if there was anything, then she used the trans vaginal wand aka Dildo cam which was even more painful. She didn't say much about what she saw and told me the Dr. would give me more info.

After the ultrasound I was taken back to the room and hooked up to a monitor that showed my pulse and oxygen saturation. They also hooked me up to a blood pressure cuff that would take my blood pressure every 15 minutes (which was very annoying!). The Dr came back in to do the pelvic exam  and OMG that was painful, normally they aren't very comfortable, but this was excruciating, it felt like she was ramming her finger all the way up my uterus. I was climbing the back of the bed just  to get away from her. After the exam she told me she was going to call the Dr who did my procedure and she would be back with what would be next. What seemed like an eternity later she came back and told me that the ultrasound showed my lining was still very thick, and that there was blood pooling in my uterus also she told me that I have a mild infection called endometritis which contributed to the intense cramping I was feeling. I was given a prescription for antibiotics and Tylenol with codeine and sent home with instructions to follow up with my regular Dr.

I have been feeling cramping still with more increased bleeding, but nothing as severe as Friday and Saturday. I am hoping that I will hurry up and recover from this procedure, I really thought it would be easier. Nothing is ever easier for me it seems. Emotionally I'm a little bitter and numb, sadness comes in waves and doesn't last long. I'm just tired I guess and want to move on from this whole experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment