Labels

Monday, November 15, 2010

D&C on Wednesday

Friday I went to the dr.s since it was 2weeks+ That we found out that our little one had stopped growing. Dr. did one last ultrasound to see what was going on, she told us that the lil one stopped growing at around 7wks and that it looked like my body was already reabsorbing everything in the sack although the sack was measuring at 10 weeks. She also stated it could take several more weeks before my body would miscarry naturally. So we scheduled the D&C for Wednesday. She told me that she would be doing the procedure ( which I am happy about that, I'm not sure if I could trust anyone else) and that she would be sending tissue samples out for testing to see if it was chromosomally or something else that caused the miscarriage.

I am so nervous, Tuesday I will have to call the medical center for pre registration and on I will start fasting that night meaning no drinking liquids including water, and no food past 10pm. On Wednesday I will have to be at the medical center at 11am and my procedure won't be until 1pm. The dr. told me that the D&C will only take 20-30 mins and that I will be under light sedation. I will probably able to leave the hosptial by 3. I hope this will go smoothly and that this will be the first and only time I will have to have this procedure done.

No comments:

Post a Comment